Tuesday, February 05, 2008

I wish that I got paid to read or to be introspective.

I finished the Dark Tower books finally. (Well, sort of. I still have to read the comic trade paperback, The Gunslinger Born.) I may be in the minority on this one, but I actually like the ending.

In other news, the good old employer is opening a location up in Plattsburgh, where MEGA TODDLOR ZKAT lives. That's going to be in October, if I'm going to transfer, I need to make a decision and start the process by July or so. Just have to determine whether or not they're still going to be living there for a few years, because I really don't want to have to move again and then again a little while later. I really should have just moved there to start with when ZKAT was born, but I had the safety net of being able to move in with my parents in Syracuse. Still though, it's a long way away and I'm tired of only seeing my little girl every month or so. I'd rather it be every day or so. :)

I'm a bit worried about moving; it'll have been almost exactly four years since I've been on my own. (Not that I was ever really on my own, I always had roommates, but still... rent, utilities, etc.... BLAH) I need to start saving money now. At least the bills are finally going to be caught up this summer. All I'll have to worry about is child support and the car payment. I'm going to have zero furniture, it'll be awesome! Maybe I'll buy one of those futons when they go on clearance yet again this year, even if they pretty much suck. It's better than an airbed.

Of course, people at work are surprised that I'm considering transferring. I don't quite get that one, but whatever. :) Why wouldn't I want to be where my baby is? Plus there's the added bonus of not having to put up with certain people anymore, which is win/win, if you ask me.

And no, there's nothing to do up there. I mean, there are two things: jack and shit, and jack left town. As long as I have a library, my DS, and the Internets, I'm golden. Maybe I'll buy a boat. And we'll spend our summer days and nights looking for Champ. I'll have a tricorn hat made of leather, ZKAT will have one made of paper. Wanna come? :)

1 comment:

Julie Kwiatkowski Schuler said...

I hope everything works out and you get to move closer to your baby. I don't know what I'd do without my boys. Of course, I'm with them 24/7, so sometimes I would like someone to make me an offer.. but that's neither here nor there. I am spreading zombie love today. If you love zombies and hate world hunger check out http://www.myspace.com/worldzombieday and greetings from Pittsburgh, Zombie Capital of the World.